Sunday, July 5, 2009

July 5

As I mentioned yesterday, we just hung around here at the house yesterday.  None of us felt much like fighting the traffic and the crowds to go see fireworks.  Seems as if most of our friends had other plans for BBQs and such so we just hung out here and had our own fun.

Every now and then I get on a cooking jag.  Yesterday happened to be one of those days.  Cooking jags usually mean that you get in the mood to make a particular thing or two and of course you don't have but 2 of the 12 ingredients on hand.  Sooooo you end up needing to make a trip (or two) to Wal-Mart which is thankfully ALWAYS open, even on holidays.  Then you cannot possibly pass up the chance to buy fireworks out of the parking lot while you are there.   
Questionable fireworks make hubby happy.  Lee had a lot of fun lighting them up and putting on our own little show. Notice the black spot on the ground? That's our "out burnin" spot.  I love living way out here in the country!  If it was brighter you would also notice the nicely cut grass.  Our neighbor and fellow church member had pity on us and brought over his riding mower for Lee to use.  The yard now looks great and my sweetheart is happy, which makes me happy! 

Let's see... baseball, good food, diet coke, freshly cut grass and questionable fireworks.  I think I've got him figured out. Hang on, maybe not. Can you tell the difference between the two liquids below?

Lee was plundering around in the fridge late in the afternoon yesterday.  He pulled out the container on the right and asked "what is this?".  I said "oh don't drink that it's hummingbird nectar".  He looked at me with a mixture of sheepishness and disgust.  A little while later he came into the kitchen to chat while I cooked.  He said "I feel a little flighty".  He then confessed that after he had finished the yard he came in all hot and sweaty looking for something to drink and had poured up a big ice cold glass of what he thought was red kool-aid!  
I laughed harder than I have in a LONG time!
Even after 18 years we still have a few communication issues to work out.

The girls waiting on the big show to begin.

No comments:

Stats