Saturday, January 31, 2009
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Saturday, January 17, 2009
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Hobbes is primarily Caitlin's puppy. They bonded right away and now Hobbes thinks she is the mommy. What else would he think when she bottle fed him for a week while he was snuggled into his own personal puppy blankie in her arms.
She gets up in the night with him to take him potty and feed him and then, get this -she rocks him back to sleep!
Caitlin has decided that she probably won't be in too big of a rush for motherhood.
Thanks for the life lesson Hobbes, Good Boy!
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Monday, January 12, 2009
Enter Lucy and Ethel
Lucy and Ethel were rescued piggies who became Abbie and Gracie's Christmas presents. Yes, we are sure they are both girls!
Sunday, January 11, 2009
1. He’s sitting in front of the TV: What is on the screen? Baseball
2. You’re out to eat. What kind of dressing does he get on his salad? No salad, he says salad is for rabbits.
3. What is one food he doesn’t like? Tomatoes
4. You go out to the bar. What does he order? We've never been to a bar on purpose. It' not our thing, but if we went he'd order a Diet Coke.
5. Where did he go to high school? Robins High School
6. What size shoe does he wear? 9
7. If he was to collect anything, what would it be? Books and coffee mugs
8. What is his favorite type of sandwich? He likes the Club at Subway.
9. What would the Husband eat every day if he could? M&Ms I think he DOES eat them everyday!
10. What is his favorite cereal? Froot Loops
11. What would he never wear? I probably could not get him to wear a pink dress shirt, and he would not wear tights.
12. What is his favorite sports team? If it's baseball he's watching it.
13. Who is his best friend? Me
14. What is something you do that he wishes you wouldn’t do? He hates it when I wear flannel to bed.
15. How many states has he lived in? 5 and 1 Territory
16. What is his heritage? He's a Georgia boy, beyond that I'm not sure.
17. You bake him a cake for his birthday; what kind? Chocolate, but he'd rather have my homemade Key Lime Pie
18. Did he play sports in high school? He was in the Drum Corp
19. What could he spend hours doing? Sitting out on the porch with a mug of coffee
Friday, January 9, 2009
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
I discovered a couple of things about myself in the midst of this challenge. The first thing I realized is that I spend ALOT of time in front of the computer. It has become a bit of a friend to me. Well at least it's where many of my friends live. Being a social bug at heart, it's no wonder I like my machine so much.
I downloaded a recent batch of pictures and realized that almost all of that I am in have me sitting in front of Sylvia (our laptop).
Do I really spend THAT much time on the computer?! Yikes! Maybe I outta start looking for a 12 step program or something.
My next discovery about myself is that something within me does not jive well with deadlines and boundaries. I felt SO much pressure to get something blogged everyday! My creative juices dried up and stopped flowing. The midnight deadline haunted me like a late night meatball sub. It was bad people, really bad.
So here I sit in front of my Mac feeling a little guilty because I took a breather after 31 posts in 31 days. I've decided that I will not be entering any more challenges like that again. I proved to myself that I could do it, but I also proved that I did not enjoy it. Hey at least I learned a thing or two right? I blog because it's fun and because I want to do it.
No more self imposed deadlines for me!!!
How's that for a New Years Resolution?