Wednesday, July 15, 2009

July 15

I received a loud complaint a few days ago. Someone in this household is NOT a big Hobbes fan.  She tolerates him, barely. Her complaint ran along the lines of my showing preference to the beast here on the blog and not giving any time to the BELOVED feline Fraidycat.  To be completely truthful, I have a tendency to prefer Sir Fraidric myself.  He is a genuine cat.  He does not need or bother anyone unless he's hungry.  He is snuggly when you want him to be, sometimes.  He keeps himself clean and does not go potty in the floor.  What's not to love? Hobbes on the other hand... well lets just say he's like a cartoon character.  There are times when he is being so funny I can't help but point the camera in his direction.
So in fairness, here's a little ditty about Fraidy.  We had our good friends over last Friday night to share an interesting meal of fajitas and egg rolls.  I know, I'm strange.  Anyway, they brought their EXTREMELY cute little girls Ranon and Abby.  

Here is Mr. Fraidycat minding his own business in HIS green chair. The fact that he was out in the common area with company in the house was a small miracle. He was a regular extrovert that night.

Here's Abby minding her own business.  Any time we are going to see these friends my girls make sure that their DS machines are fully charged and ready.  Abby and Ranon LOVE them and ask for them whenever they see us.  It keeps everyone happy.

Wait a sec, Fraidy abandoned his green chair in favor of the ottoman (which also belongs to him).  Looks like Abby abandoned the DS game in favor of a real live, fluffy kitty. 

No, wait, I was wrong.  What she was really looking for was a comfier spot to play her game.  

No comments:

Stats