Thursday, July 2, 2009

July 2

Well it's the second day of my commitment to blog every day during the month of July.  Some of you may recall the stress and misery I went through last December when I made the same commitment for that month.  Some people just don't learn from experience very well.  Two Novembers ago I "participated" in NaNoWriMo which is National Novel Writers Month. The idea is to set aside the month to write an entire novel.  It does not have to be the next great American novel, just a novel.  I have always wanted to write a book.  My head is constantly full of make believe friends from eras past.  So I thought that NaNoWriMo would be the kick in the pants I needed to pen to paper.  I managed to successfully THINK about writing a novel everyday. For that effort I bought myself the T-shirt, and I  proudly wear it to the Y when I exercise.  Hey it's a start! So follow me now down the winding path of my thoughts that led me to make this decision to blog everyday in July. I'm feeling a little guilty for neglecting my blog and not giving it the attention I once did.  I blame Facebook.  Also, lately I have had this nagging sense that I never finish things. The satisfaction of a job well done is a rare occurrence.  This could have something to do with the fact that no matter how much laundry, sweeping, mopping, cooking and dishwashing I do, there is ALWAYS more! 
All of this coupled with my failure to write a best seller led me to give this 30 day thing another try.  NaNoWriMo has a division called NaBloWriMo which is National Blog Writers Month.  It's kind of misleading because it's not just one month out of the year.  Every month they issue a theme for the month and encourage you to blog on your interpretation of that theme every day of that month.  July's theme is ROUTINE.  Let me just say right now that routine is now a word that I identify with very well.  I'm about as random as lottery numbers.  SO, my intention is to bore you all every day of July with the random details of our routine, starting tomorrow or whenever I feel like it.  Now for your viewing pleasure I've uploaded a random video of a common routine at our house.  Enjoy.


No comments:

Stats