Monday, July 27, 2009

July 27

Saving lives, that's what we've been about today.
WARNING: Do Not Read Further if the sight or talk of blood makes you ill!!!
Caitlin and I decided to go donate blood last week.  When we got to the location the Red Cross Techs had run out of bags.  Today was round 2.  Here we go!

That's my blood up there in that bag.  I hope and pray it does someone somewhere some good. Behind the camera is a VERY woozy, semi-conscious me.  Oh the sacrifices I make for a good blog post.  To get these pictures I nearly dropped the camera 3 times, required juice (for the sugar) and a glove filled with ice on the back of my neck.  All the while I was strapped in the upside down chair with my feet in the air. Oh and the juice ended up in my lap.  I think I was the problem child today!

Caitlin giving herself away.  It took me 12 minutes to fill a bag.  Took her 6...show off!

Caitlin minus a pint and feeling good... or so you think.  She was happily chatting up the techs and drinking her juice when she suddenly turned a strange shade of ivory. 
She faded quickly, I stayed calm, cool and collected (NOT!) and the techs hopped to the rescue.

They landed her in the upside down chair and went to work at getting her pinked up again.  In the meantime I put in an emergency rescue call to daddy who came to pick us up.  Neither of us were in any condition to drive home.  He showed up in a hurry and shuffled us out to eat.  Nothing like good ol American fast food to rebuild red blood cells. 

Hobbes is happily doing his part to help with the recovery process.

No comments:

Stats