Friday, July 3, 2009

July 3

If it's not one thing it's something else.  That is what I told the Facebook world this morning in my status update.  Yes, I confess, I Facebooked before I blogged. Forgive me please.  I predict that before too long we will start seeing 12 step programs for Facebook addictions.  I might have to check myself into that one.  "Hello, my name is snickerdoodledog, umm I mean Rebecca and it's been 35 seconds since I updated my status on Facebook".  
Ok enough of that, back to what I was saying.  It seems that the past 2 weeks have been a whirlwind of mechanical issues. First Lee's mower quit on him and he's been fretting about the ever growing tangle of grass in the yard for days on end.  We finally found somewhere that services John Deere mowers but they have a week long backlog for repairs.  Bless his grass loving heart, he finally broke down and rented a mower today.  He said he was actually ready to go out and start chewing the grass down!  I suggested a goat or two but that did not go over well.  He ended up bringing home this pitiful little machine with a dull blade and working his tail off for hours trying to make a dent in our yard.  Poor guy, about a quarter of the way through the back yard the thing gave up the ghost.  The only cure for that kind of dejection is a nap, which he is taking right here beside me as I type.  I'll wake him up in a little while and tell him I went out and bought a herd of goats while he was sleeping.  I'll let you know how that goes.
Caitlin's truck Roger Dodger has been running hot on her.  A couple of days ago we took Hobbes in her truck to the vet for his monthly weigh-in.  On the way home the temp light came on and we had to pull over to let the truck cool off a bit before going the rest of the way home.  The problem with this whole scenario is that we were in Franklin at the time.  There's a paper mill in Franklin.  Guess where we were when we had to pull over?  In a parking lot DIRECTLY across the street from the paper mill.  Of course they were in full production that afternoon! Even poor Hobbes was trying to cover his nose.  Her truck needs a new thermostat. It's currently over at Earls getting fixed and hopefully it'll be good as new on Monday.  Caitlin misses Roger.
My truck (Jet Puff) needed a new compressor.  The A/C went cahput last year.  We took it to Earl and he fixed her up and called us to say Jet Puff was blowing cold again and that we could come pick it up.  While Earl's guy was backing JP out of the garage he accidently backed it into a vintage, candy apple red Mustang.  JP had a big ding in the side and lots of RED paint transfer.  Yikes!  The Mustang guy was NOT happy. Earl fussed "of all the cars int he lot he HAD to hit THAT one!"  Earl paid to have the body work done on JP and gave us a rental mini van to use in the meantime.  Gracie decided she REALLY wants a Dodge Grand Caravan when she turns 16.  Strange kid.  So Jet Puff has a newly buffed rear end for the second time in 6 months and she's blowing ice cold air.  Ahhhhh
I'm not even going to ask if anything else could possibly go wrong.  I know it can and it probably will! Lord give me grace.  
Another random video for your viewing pleasure.  Hobbes is not a bluegrass fan.  Maybe he thinks that people who like Bluegrass only live in towns with paper mills.


No comments:

Stats