Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Having A Ball


Easter at our house is not quite what you would call normal.  After living on Guam for 3 years, our "normal" has been adjusted in a few areas.  Our first year on Guam we wanted to let the girls and a few friends hunt easter eggs, so off I went to the stores a week before easter in search of plastic easter eggs.  No one here (except me) has ever been a big fan of real hard boiled eggs.  After a complete search of the island's stores (which are few) I came home empty handed.  That is when I learned the my lesson about buying early on Guam.   My motto became: "If I need it and I see it on the shelf, I better go ahead and buy it." Lesson learned.  Anyway, I presented the "no easter egg" problem to Lee and he came up with a solution.  He's good like that.  We drove down to the acclaimed "worlds largest Kmart" and bought a bag of 100 colorful balls like you would put in a kid's ball pit.  We hid them all over the yard on Easter Day and the kids hunted them.  
We had each color represent a prize.  For example, if they found 3 red ones then they got 3 bags of skittles.  The green ones that year were dollar bills, that went over REALLY well!  
The girls liked this so much that they now want to hunt balls every year.  Below are a few pictures of our 4th annual Easter Ball hunt.  


Out of the front door, where are the balls?  Oh I see one!

Way to go Blair, you found one!

Sorting the balls, ready to cash in.

Just a little of the loot to be had.  What's Easter without Peeps?!

Later after it got dark, our neighbor (the kid on the right) invited everyone to hunt the glow-in-the-dark eggs his parents had just hidden.  As you can see they are already hyped up on sugar and now they've stolen my baskets for more hunting.  
More Easter pics in the Picasa Web album.

No comments:

Stats