Monday, April 7, 2008

Contest Contest Contest!!!

My first ever Lovin' Life At Home Contest! I'm so excited! 
I should be blogging about Holly's birthday or the piano recital we just had. Seriously we practiced our little fingers to the bone to entertain family, friends and complete strangers with piano hits such as "Boogie Woogie Goose" and "The Purple Cow". But no, here I sit making up a contest that will boggle your brain for MY personal entertainment. I have discovered that sometimes I have to obey my "inner blogger", that quirky little voice in my head that tells me to post nonsense instead of real blog worthy material.  

Here's the deal... I love contests and I love movie lines so you guessed it, the contest is going to have you guessing which movie the lines came from. Some of these are embarrassingly simple and some might challenge you a bit. I have to thank my sweetheart and my girls for helping me come up with a few when my mind simply could not think of any more.
I will leave the contest open until Noon (EST) on Monday, April 21st or until someone wins. The first one to guess every movie correctly wins. If no one gets them all correct, the prize will go to the person who has the most correct answers. Don't forget to put your name and email address on your answer page and please put "movie line contest" in the subject line.
Send your answers to: snickerdoodledog@yahoo.com
Oh, I almost forgot something.  A little hint, some of the movies are represented twice.  


THE GRAND (only) PRIZE: A $10.00 gift card from the store of your choice (within my capabilities) Plus you get your name mentioned here on Lovin' Life At Home. I'll even put your picture on too if you'd like!

Happy Guessing!

1 Inconceivable!
2 You play ball like a girl!
3 If lack of attention to personal finances is a mark of refinement then the Marches are the finest family in Concord.
4 In the mornin’ I’m makin’ waffles.
5 Go make yerself a dang quesadiller.
6 My name is Tuhmater without the tuh.
7 A bird could love a fish but where would they live?
8 First we’ll see what he’s sellin, then we’ll shoot him.
9 This place is a geographical oddity, 2 weeks from everywhere.
10 I don’t know nothin bout birthin no babies.
11 You’re standing in horse ca-ca.
12 Fish are friends, not food.
13 I want both. You heard the man, give him both
14 I do believe in fairies, I do, I do.
15 Those are historical babes.
16 Why does it always have to be the rum?
17 Do or do not. There is no try.
18 I see dead people.
19 To Infinity and beyond!
20 They may take away our lives but they will never take away our freedom!
21 You’ll shoot you eye out.
22 Strange things are afoot at the Circle K.
23 He’s a vegetarian. That’s ok I make lamb.
24 Half doe, half buck, I’m a duck!
25 Wax on Wax off
26 Gort! Klaatu barada nikto
27 I’ll be taking these Huggies and whatever cash ya got.
28 You not numba one, you numba ten!
29 You’re gonna need a bigger boat.
30 Surely you can’t be serious. I am serious, and don’t call me shirley.
31 If you build it he will come.
32 Snakes. Why’d it have to be snakes?
33 As God as my witness, I will never be hungry again!
34 There’s no crying in baseball.
35 Nobody puts Baby in a corner.
36 That’ll do pig. That’ll do.
37 I may not be a smart man but I know what love is.
38 I will break my foot off in your John Brown hind parts and then, you will run a mile.
39 Oh George, not the livestock.
40 My house, it is full of ransackery.

1 comment:

jaci said...

I always read your blog. :)

So I have until noon on the 21st to work on these...? I don't think I've seen all those movies (but I just watched #32)...

Stats