Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Can I Cry Now?

When Lee is at sea I copy and paste all of my blog posts into an email so that he can read them.  He is very limited in what he can pull up online while aboard ship and unfortunately my blog is one of those off limits sites. He surprised me and made me cry today when he emailed me this (below) today in response to my 100 Things About Rebecca post last week.  I am so very proud to be married to my sweetheart.  He's a keeper! 
PS I have his permission to post this so don't give him any grief about being too sweet on his wife!

From Lee:
Wow! A list of 100 things about you, there is some really good info on this list. However after reading it I thought, "hmmm….I think I will make my own list." So here is my list;



100 Things About Rebecca (in no particular order)

She is beautiful

She is a great mom

She is a great cook

She enjoys cooking/baking

She hates to do laundry

She loves rice crispy treats

She loves cappuccino

She hates exercise

She is not a morning person

She likes pink (her favorite)

She likes orange skittles

She wears "Poison" perfume

She is definitely a casual girl

She does like to dress up for an occasion

She likes PBR

She really likes to read

She is beginning to enjoy learning

She loves to travel and see new cultures

She wants to learn Spanish

Her favorite scripture verse is Jeremiah 29:11

She has a dry sense of humor

"Private Eyes" is one of her favorite movies

She doesn't like to drive that much

She loves me and pampers me

She pursued cake decorating for a while & is rather good at it

She is very crafty

She loves Jesus

She memorized most of James

She likes crossword puzzles

She likes any puzzle

She enjoys sweepstakes

She is learning piano

She is incredibly supportive of me

She wants to be a nurse

She likes country music

She would go to the symphony with me

She liked Elvis

She likes watermelon

She loves berries, especially raspberries

She enjoys driving a Suburban

She has terrible sinus troubles/allergies

She loves most all animals

She has a hard time passing up a stray dog

She one day would like to have a small farm

She is a convert to Apple/Mac

She is a good military wife

She does not like to be cold

She likes to watch Monk

She prefers bath to shower

She has trouble with watches (they stop running)

She is a night owl

She slept through Old Testament and got a better grade than I did

She loves being a homemaker

She is silly

She claims the best omelet ever is at the MAC/Space A terminal in Yakota, Japan

She is loyal

She is faithful

She is trusting

She is committed to us

She is my only

She is a blogger

She is my cozy friend

She loves good music

She does not like saxophone

She (like me) keeps some things just between us

She is a realist

She is a random thinker

She gets nervous when Caitlin drives

She is quite handy

She is deathly afraid of roaches

She listens to my crazy ideas

She is afraid of bridges

She was wearing overalls the 1st time I saw her

She does not like to swim in the ocean

She is not that good at geography (getting better)

She can sing harmony

She wants to grow a garden

She is learning to like baseball J

She likes motorcycles

She has a tattoo

She used to collect cows, now collects wiener dogs

She is more outgoing than I am

She likes all the trimmings on a burger

She has friends around the globe

She is a good role model for our girls

She is fun

She keeps me interested

She is my right hand

She is very generous

She is intelligent

She is a confidant

She is somewhat adventurous

She cooks my favorites

She puts "us" first

She is a sucker for a yard sale

She loves Williamsburg

She loves the Mitford series by Jan Karon

One of her favorite books is Two from Galilee

She is worth it!



And the one to put it over the top, #101 you are my best friend. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to think through these things today. Of course this is a list that I would have no problem sharing with someone else, or over email. There is another list about Rebecca that I must keep to myself, although it would fall into that "just between us" category.



I love you!



Lee Brown

Chaplain, LPD 17

USS San Antonio

chaps@san-antonio.navy.mil

3 comments:

jaci said...

This makes me cry! How sweet! he knows such intimate things about you ("she's not a morning person")

Rebecca, you are truly a blessed woman!!

Deanna said...

Aw, that is so sweet. He does, indeed, sound like a keeper.

Stephanie said...

This is great!
It's so awesome to share our lives wit someone who truly knows us and gets us.
Blessed indeed :)

I just added you to my reader so I can check in.

Stats