Sunday, May 4, 2008

Sunday Suppers Bonus

I'm feeling generous today AND I'm craving chocolate. The combination of the two means that you guys get another recipe. Aren't you excited?! This is my "go to" fudge icing that I use just about anytime chocolate icing is called for. And I ask you, when is chocolate icing not called for?  It's super easy and it's yummy enough to make your eyes roll back in your head while you groan. Which, by the way, is highest praise for any food pusher. I got this little gem of a recipe out of a church cookbook that my Aunt Eva gave me just before Lee and I got married. Been using it ever since and it has never done me wrong. 

Fabulous Fudge Icing
1 stick of butter
6 Tbsp. milk
4 Tbsp. cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla 
1 lb powdered sugar (1 box or 3 1/2 Cups)

Melt your butter over med heat in a large pot.

When butter is melted stir in your milk and cocoa powder and stir it all together until it is smooth.  It will be kind of pasty looking.  At that point take the pot off the heat.

Now stir in the whole pound of powdered sugar and keep stirring until you cannot see anymore white and most of the lumps are gone.  Then stir in your teaspoon of vanilla.

At this point you can do whatever you choose with it.  While it is still warm it is pourable.  I like to pour it over a bundt cake or a sheet cake.  Today we frosted cupcakes to take to church tonight.  Guess who got to lick the mixing spoon?

No comments:

Stats