Sunday, May 11, 2008

The Jitter Bug

You know those pesky little critters that come out at this time of year?  Their primary goal is to make us itch.  Fleas, ticks, mosquitoes, jitterbugs etc... Yes you read that correctly, I said jitterbugs.  According to Gracie she has 7 jitterbug bites.  Also according to Gracie, "the jitterbugs are those teeniny little red bugs that you can barely see but and they live in my tree fort and they bite and make me itch all night long."  We've tried every itch remedy we can think of to ease the jitterbug itch but alas the itching continues.  We've heard that clear nail polish painted over the jitterbug bites will  solve our problem so that will be our next move.  I'm praying it works because those jitterbugs are keeping us all from a good night of sleep around here lately. Blast those stupid chigger, I mean jitterbugs.  

3 comments:

Deanna said...

I had never had *jitterbug bites* until last summer and I thought I was going to lose my mind or at least cut off my feet. I tried every remedy I had heard of and some I simply made up out of desperation. You know what finally gave me relief? Arnica gel. Yep, that ol' CCU favorite for injuries actually stopped the itching.

Betty Johnson said...

coming from a country girl we have heard of chiggers, have gracie soak in a tub bath in enough water to cover the itchy spots with a cap full of clorox for 15-30 min. this should stop the itch and kill the bugs.
betty

Amanda said...

Ouch on the bleach. If it works, it works. I've never tried it. I used to get chigger bites helping my uncle pick blackberries. My aunt would put me a bathtub with vinegar. I'm not sure of the proportions, but it stunk. It also worked.

Stats