Monday, May 26, 2008

Finadenne Sauce
Equal parts soy sauce and vinegar- I use about a cup of each
1 or 2 peppers depending on how hot you like it.  It is supposed to be spicy
1 small onion 
Dash of lemon juice (optional, but I always add it)  some folks on Guam differ as to whether or not to add lemon juice or replace the vinegar with it altogether.  So I will just give it to you the way we prefer it.  BTW on Guam Calamansi juice is what they call lemon juice.  Calamansi is a cute little lemon/lime fruit that grows on the island naturally.  


Slice your peppers into rings.  No boonie peppers here in VA, so we'll have to settle for red chilis and jalpenos. After slicing, add your rings to your bowl.

Measure your soy sauce and vinegar.  My friend on Guam never measures it,she just pours till it looks right.  I would do that typically but for you guys I used a measuring cup.  I was thinking of you!

Pour your soy/vinegar mix over the peppers.

At this point you can add that controversial splash of lemon juice if you dare.

No comments:

Stats