Sunday, September 7, 2008

Sunday Suppers

Ok, considering the way I have been feeling for the past couple of days, you guys almost got the Ramen Noodles recipe or none at all.  BUT, I took pity on you because this is by far the very best chicken pot pie you will ever eat.  I'm was never a chicken pot pie fan myself.  When I was growing up chicken pot pie came from the freezer section of the grocery store.  It was shaped like a mini pie and for some reason when it was served to me it was flipped over on top of my plate.  An upside down, dry, tasteless, strange looking meal. Just one step above a TV dinner.  Lee's mama made this homemade one for us a few years back.  The second I tasted that rich buttery crust and creamy filling, I became a loyal chicken pot pie fan!

The YUMMIEST Chicken Pot Pie

1 Can each of Cream of Chicken, Potato and Celery Soups
1 Can of Veg-All (or mixed veggies) drained
2 Cooked chicken breasts chopped into bite sized pieces
1 Stick of butter
1 C of milk
1 C flour

Mix together the ingredients of the above cans.  Make sure to drain the veggies.
To this mix in your cooked and chopped chicken.

Pour the soup/veggie/chicken mixture into the bottom of a 9x13 casserole dish.

For the topping, melt the one stick of butter in a microwave safe bowl.  When it is all melted, add to it one cup of milk and whisk in one cup of flour.  Whisk until you have a smooth batter.  After much trial and error I have found that the topping is best made if you follow the butter, then milk, then flour order.   

Pour the batter over the top of your filling that is already in the pan.  Make sure it is spread evenly all the way to the edges.  

Bake it at 375 degrees for about an hour.   
I sincerely hope that this recipe will turn you into a chicken pot pie fan.
Let me know how you like it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Rebecca, that is the exact same recipe I use. That is sooo cool!

Stephanie said...

This sounds really good!

Colleen said...

this better work! I just put it in the oven. the inside is modified (I used leftover turkey gravy instead of the soups). I told Les if it doesn't work, blame Rebecca. If it does work, I get the credit. You know how it works. :)

Stats