Monday, September 8, 2008

School Is Now In Session

Today we began our second full week of school.  Yep, still homeschooling.  This will be our 10th year.  Caitlin is in the 11th grade but she went to public school for K5.  About halfway through that first school experience I wised up and pulled her out to do school at home.  This was something I always thought I should have done to begin with but was too busy second guessing my abilities.  I cannot say that we have never looked back or floundered in our decision.  The year that Gracie was in 1st grade, Abbie and Holly were in 4th and 5th, and Caitlin was in 8th, I began to question my sanity.  All in all it has been overwhelmingly beneficial to us as a family.  The girls have thrived and learned and it has been the glue that has helped hold us together in our transient life.  

Ah, look at Caitlin helping Abbie with her Math.  Isn't that sweet?  Uh, wait did I say Caitlin helping with Math?  I better go check this out.  Caitlin's not my math girl, but she sure knows how to wield her grammar police badge.

Gracie is reading her science book aloud to me.  See the fingers up there on her head?  That's her way of saying "C'mon mom, put the camera down and pay attention".
Gotta go before someone makes me write 100 times "I will not blog during school."

No comments:

Stats