Thursday, September 11, 2008

On Location


I'm here!!! I''m sorry I cannot tell you yet where "here" is. I will tell you soon, I promise. I can tell you that I am in Europe somewhere. I have a horrible case of jet lag! I woke up this morning at 3 am unable to go back to sleep. I got up and ate a Twinkie because it was all that I had with me at the time and my body was telling my stomach that it was supper time.
The Space A flight was awesome. It was not at all like any Space Available flight I have ever been on in the past. It was a regular 767 aircraft with meals, bathrooms and in flight entertainment. I could not believe it. The lady who sat beside me looked to be about 10 or so years older than me. She had never flown before and was going to meet her hubby in Souda Bay, Greece. I commended her on her bravery at making her first time on an airplane a Space A transcontinental flight. Her bravery lasted until the plane began speeding down the runway for take off. I could tell she was scared witless. I leaned toward her and asked "would you like to hold my hand?" I no sooner got the words out of my mouth before she was clinging to me for dear life. I talked her through it and she relaxed when the plane leveled out. Needless to say, I made a new friend. She returned the favor by letting me have her cucumber and tomatoes out of her dinner salad.
That's all for now. As soon as I finish here I am going in search of Lee's ship which should be arriving soon. Stay tuned for another update tomorrow. Ciao for now!

2 comments:

Carolina Girl said...

Have fun, take lots of pics! You are such a brave and kind soul!

jaci said...

tapping foot impatiently...

Well?????

Better take lots of photos (no monkeys!!) and all. Am waiting for the update to this adventure.

And THANK YOU for being so kind to your fellow traveler!!

Stats