Saturday, September 20, 2008

Italy Sites

Let me just say right up front that Italy was AWESOME and that there is no way that I will be able to convey appropriatlely all that we experienced there. Most of you already know that Lee's ship had liberty port in Naples and that I flew Space A to meet him there. For me, getting there was almost too easy, which is very unusual for Space A. I was there for one night and then Lee joined me for 5 wonderful days.

Our first day in Italy. We are standing in front of this castle waiting on a bus.

Just one of the MANY beautiful building in Naples.


On the train to Rome. That, was an experience let me tell you! The language barrier alone was enough to make us wonder if we hadn't boarded the slow train to nowhere. In the end, we did make to Rome and had a great time seeing the sights.

Everyone in Italy drives these tiny little cars.

The view from our hotel room on base.

Stay tuned, more to come tomorrow. In the meantime all of the Italy pics can be seen in our picasa web album.

1 comment:

Carolina Girl said...

WOW! What beautiful buildings. And that food looks awesome. Glad you two had a great time.

Stats