Monday, March 23, 2009

Military Monday

Our time for this deployment is nearing the end. I could not be more excited to be saying that. I will probably do one more Military Monday post where I will share homecoming pictures. After that I will likely be retiring Military Monday for a while. Maybe having Lee home will inspire me to pick up the pace a bit on the Sunday Suppers segment. Below you will find a bit of an email that I just received from my sailor. It is wonderful to know that our time apart was for a higher purpose. A heartfelt THANKS to each and every one of you who has prayed for our family and for Lee during this time in our lives. Your prayers and words of encouragement have been a blessing to us.



From Lee:
We had our last chapel service onboard for the deployment last night. It was a praise & sing kind of fellowship service. Yes we did sing hymns as well as praise choruses, guys shared testimony of what God has done in their life on the deployment. We shared scripture and also prayed for one another. It was a really good time and I was pleased with the turn out; not many but around 15. God has done some amazing things on this deployment and has set many things in place that we have yet to see. Of course there are some guys that have seen the truth and have had to weigh the price of discipleship and will not follow, they will not remain. I will continue to pray for these men. Last night was a great celebration though of God's goodness to us. Thank you for praying for us (and me specifically) for this time. You have had to sacrifice quite a bit so I wanted you to know that our sacrifice was not in vain.

No comments:

Stats