Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Jet Puff's Behind

Today we went over to the repair shop where Jet Puff has been for the past week. After getting the bumper off, the repairman said that the damage was more extensive than what was first estimated. This is what we figured would be the case.


The orange lines mark more body damage that we did not see before the bumper was removed.


See that black bar sticking out just above the exhaust pipe? That is the frame extender that the bumper was attached to. That piece on either side is what saved our lives. It did exactly what it was intended to do, crumple and bend in a rear-end collision. Originally the repairman was going to just bend them straight again using a special machine. When he put them on the machine they split in half. He said he had never had that happen before. Evidently they had received too much damage to be repaired and will have to be replaced. You can sort of see the break in the metal just above the exhaust pipe if you look closely. The repairman said "Ya'll musta got smacked purty @%*^$ hard for those to break like that!"
My reply: Yep we did.


All in all I'd say Jet Puff looks pretty good for what she's been through.


Here's our brand new TEMPORARY soccer mom mobile. I just can't see myself as a soccer mom. I guess that would mean my kids would have to play soccer and we all know that ain't happening. No, I'm more of a "Kids, throw some clothes in a bag we're going to Italy" kind of mom.

I just reread what I have written here and would like to make one quick clarification. While I am eternally grateful to the fine folks at GM who designed the safety features of my Suburban, I wholly give God the credit for preserving our very lives during this event.

No comments:

Stats