Monday, December 1, 2008

Military Monday

It is officially December and Christmas is just around the corner. Believe it or not I actually got up at 4 am and went out into the maddening crowd with the Black Friday shoppers.  I claim temporary insanity.  When I think of all of the sleep I missed I could.... well lets not think about it!  Anyhow, I am not just feelin' Christmas yet ya know?  I'm really not too sure I will feel it at all this year with Lee being deployed.  The girls and I had a bit of fun putting two big boxes of Christmas  goodies together for him.  Those will go to the trusty post office first thing in the morning.  I will keep my fingers crossed as to whether they arrive to him before the big day.  I have faith in the postal service though.  They generally do a pretty swell job considering all that people try to ship this time of year.  Christmas without a loved one is difficult and my heart goes out to all of you who will be going through it with us this year.

Now I suppose you are wondering what that little tab is all about.  31 posts in 31 days is a challenge by the great folks at National Blog Post Month.  Originally they started by challenging people to write a novel during the month of November.  They've been doing that for years with thousands of people participating.  I participated in 2006 but did not get very far.  This challenge to submit a blog post every single day of December is a little more my speed.   The theme is "Thanks" but it is not required.  I do believe I will go with it though and include something in my blog post each day that I am thankful for.  Sounds like a good plan to me.   
So for December 1st 2008 I will begin by saying that I am thankful for modern technology.  Without it, I'd be forced like so many women who have gone before me to rely solely upon the United States Postal Service to communicate with my sweetheart.

No comments:

Stats