Wednesday, August 20, 2008

What Are You Thinking?

Forgive me for a little whine, but I'm feeling a bit lonely here at Lovin' Life At Home.  I know you all are out there reading because I randomly hear you telling me so by way of telephone or email.  I hear things like "Oh, your girls are getting so grown up" or " I made that recipe and it was yummy" or "Rebecca, you have a very odd sense of humor" (thanks dad!).  What confuses me and makes me sigh is that you guys are not leaving any comments.  I was just over at the Pioneer Woman blog and saw that she regularly gets about 500 comments for EVERY post and most of those come in within 24 hours of her posting.  Unbelievable!!  I know, I know, I'm not as witty as she is and my photography skills are lacking in comparison.  Still, is it too much to ask for a little feedback?  I am hoping that you guys simply have trouble using the comment options so I have decided to do a little tutorial.
On the right side of the blog is a comment box.  Go to the bottom and type in your name in the name block.  Ignore the email/URL block.  Type your comment in the little box on the bottom below your name that says message and click Go.  It's that easy.  If you do not want everyone who reads the blog to see your comment right away then you have another option.  At the bottom of every post you will find something that looks like this: 
Posted by Rebecca at 2:18 PM   0 comments
The 0 comments is a link, click on it and a pop up box will appear.  In the pop up box there is a block that says "Leave Your Comment Here".  After you type your comment you must choose an identity.  If you have a google ID then choose it.  If you don't then you can choose anonymous and just sign your name to the bottom of your comment so that I know who you are.  Next you may have to type a word verification, this is to keep those pesky spammers away.  Click the big orange button at the bottom that says "Publish Your Comment".  It will send your profound and well thought out words to me to verify and I will publish them.  It sounds harder than it actually is.  Go ahead, give it a try, I dare you.  You can do it, I have faith in you!  Plus I'd really love to hear from you.  Humor me alright?  

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hey Rebecca I hear ya, I get lots of readers and only a few stray comments.
I admit to doing that too, sometimes I read, smile, nod and don't comment.

Deanna said...

LOL! Okay, I'm leaving you a comment...now go comment on my blog:

http://teawithdee.blogspot.com/

Now we each have at least one comment. :)

Donna said...

I feel the same way about people commenting on my blog. I have a traffic feed, so I know people stop by, but rarely does anyone comment. I have commented on your blog before (have you ever commented on mine? : )

I usually only comment if something that was posted pertains to me or if I feel I have something relevant to add. Most of the time I just enjoy reading what others have to say, and then I move on to the next blog on my list.....yours is on my list btw, so I know when you've put up a new post.

TMc1951 said...

Guilty! I drop by sometimes twice a day. We enjoy your blog and will try to be better about letting you know we've been here.

Theresa

Me said...

((((waving))))

Carolina Girl said...

You are absolutely right! It's wonderful to know that someone else out there can relate to our day to day lives. Blogging has been a great way for our far away friends and family to keep up with our goings-on but it can be a bit frustrating not knowing whether anyone takes the time to read it. I try to visit on the blogs on my fav list at least once a day. I love reading your blog. You all are always doing something fun or cooking something yummy. Fun and food, what more could we ask for? Loves!!!!!

Stats