Sunday, August 10, 2008

You should be able to get about 15 or so patties out of one batch.  They are just a little smaller and thinner than hamburgers. 

You will want about a 1/2 inch of oil in your frying pan heated up to about 375 or med high.
Pop them down into that hot oil carefully.

We fried them about 3 minutes on each side.  Just get them to that pretty golden brown color.

Drain these little yummies on a paper towel.
Traditionally we serve salmon patties with homecut french fries and those tiny baby green peas that come in a silver can.  I know, I know, don't send me any hate/nag mail telling me just how unhealthy this meal is.  Like you don't eat junk every now and then?
At least there is something green on the table even if it did come from a can.
By the way, my family tells me to remind you all that salmon patties MUST be consumed with gourmet red sauce also known as Heinz Ketchup. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This brings back so many memories. I haven't made them in ages. My Mother's version (and mine) was with cracker crumbs and some celery and onion. Ketchup is a must!! I also do this recipe with canned tuna. Your Papaw loves them.

Theresa

Stats