Sunday, August 24, 2008

Sunday Suppers

Todays recipe is not really a recipe per se, it's more like... well... what we ate for supper last night.  I haven't been thinking about real cooking much here this past week. With Lee leaving soon, my mind has been rather preoccupied.  Now next week might be another story altogether.  I may only have enough inspiration to show you guys how to whip up some Kraft Mac N Cheese or even a package of Ramen Noodles.  We'll see how it goes.   It could easily be a gloomy, moody week around here.  The first week of a long deployment always is. Pray for me, will ya?  
Without further ado I give you:
The Buffalo (who needs an overpriced restaurant?) Chicken Sandwich

Todays cast of characters includes Tyson Crispy Chicken Strips.  I use these as a base for so many of my recipes.  Don't miss the Sesame Chicken Recipe I posted here several months ago.  I figure that the Brown family is doing their part to keep Tyson in business.  You will also need your choice of Buffalo Wing Sauce, Burger Buns, Cheese and Ranch or Blue Cheese dressing (whichever you prefer).

Prepare the strips according to the package directions.  While they are hot pour on enough buffalo sauce to coat them thoroughly.

Once all of the strips are coated, you can start building the perfect sandwich.

You may have to cut the strips some to get them the correct size for the bun.

While the chicken is still hot sprinkle on your cheese so it will get all melty.  We like mozzarella but you can use whatever you have on hand.  Add on whatever else you like on your sandwich, tomatoes, lettuce, onions etc. My people like theirs plain jane.  Lastly, pour on a yummy dressing like ranch or blue cheese and gobble it up.  

2 comments:

Donna said...

I never to think to cook like this. I buy prepared food and just eat it as is.....good idea to turn those strips into something else. Looked yummy too!

Sheila @ Dr Cason.org said...

Hey your plate matches your blog! Cute!

I agree with Donna- I never think too hard about recreating something but it's a great idea!

Stats