Thursday, June 19, 2008

If I Had A Benefactor (Contest)

Benefactor
Main Entry:
ben·e·fac·tor
Pronunciation:
\ˈbe-nə-ˌfak-tər\
Function:
noun
Date:
15th century
Definition: 
one that confers a benefit; especially : one that makes a gift or bequest

I copied the above directly from the Websters online dictionary.  So now that we all know what a benefactor is I will get around to telling you why you are reading about them today.  I'm interested in knowing what each of you would do with your life if money were not an issue.  I know, I know, I'm totally being unrealistic here because money is ALWAYS an issue.  But go on this imaginary journey with me for a little while won't you?  Seriously, jam my email box  full of your visions and dreams.  Would you build a dream house, buy a Corvette, pay your families mortgages off, or go on a dream vacation?  Would your dreams be large or small?   Would you donate loads of cash to those in need?  Would you choose the relaxing route of retiring and living a simpler life?  C'mon, tell all!  Inquiring minds (well, my inquiring mind to be specific) want to know.  As a little added incentive to get you to share, I am offering another gift card ($25) for the store of your choice to the one that my children think is most deserving.  To keep it fair, I won't tell them any names.  So no cheating grandparents telling them that they would get every penny.  
To get you thinking in the right direction I will tell you what I would do.
If I Had A Benefactor
If someone suddenly came up and told me that money would no longer be a concern and that I could do whatever I wanted; here's what I would do.  First I'd pick myself up off of the floor where I passed out in shock.  Secondly, we would get busy getting Lee out of the Navy.  Don't get me wrong, defending our nation is noble profession and it pays most of the bills but it requires lots of gypsy like moving from place to place and long separations from daddy.  The separations for months at a time REALLY stink!  Can I get an "Amen Sistah!"? 
After Lee's Navy days are over we would go find or build a nice ranch style house somewhere in the South preferably near the grandparents.  This house would be on some land so that we could have a farm.  Don't laugh.  Yes, I said a farm.  We want to grow things.  Lee wants to grow pumpkins and strawberries.  I want to grow vegetables and lots of them!  Heaven must have summer squash and big juicy tomatos!!   The girls love the idea (and so do we) of having chickens and a dairy cow.  Abbie and Gracie think a that a farm would be incomplete without guinea pigs, but a real pig or two would be nice also. We would also need a tractor, a barn and maybe a John Deere Gator for me and Lee and a 4 wheeler for the girls.   Holly would prefer a horse. 
Lee would possibly go back to school and get his DMin in Marriage and Family Therapy and I would go get my ADN but not at the same time.  Someone has to look after the farm.  This would be just in case our benefactor ran out of money.  Plus, I have always wanted to get my Nursing degree and never have because, well, just because.  
I think that completes my dream except to say that the house would have one of those kitchens straight out of Southern Living.  Gotta have a beautiful spot to process all of those fruits and veggies you know.  Plus I want it to be filled regularly with friends and family.  
Ok I'm done sharing.... now it's your turn.

2 comments:

Sheila @ Dr Cason.org said...

Ok you got my list. :)

Great idea!

jaci said...

I'll be sending you my list in a day, OK? I do have a plan, but it will take a little writing out. Thanks for inviting me to be a part of your contest!

Stats