Sunday, June 22, 2008

At this point you will need to use your filling to roll all of your egg rolls.  In the post below, Caitlin has demonstrated step by step directions for egg roll rolling.  It's not hard so don't be intimidated.  I am blessed to have 4 very skilled egg roll rollers in the house.

Now comes the fun part!  You get to fry them.  I have this nifty little deep fryer that has a lid so that I don't burn myself.  I have a habit of that.  I love kitchen power tools!  If you do not have one of these handy little babies, never fear, you can still make egg rolls.  All you need is a largish pot filled about 1/3 of the way with vegetable oil (or whichever oil you prefer).  Put it on the burner and heat it up to about 375 degrees or Medium High.  Please be careful!!!

Plunge your egg rolls into the hot oil.  This only takes a couple of minutes.  They will brown up in a hurry so watch them closely.

They should come out looking all crispy and golden brown.  Drain them on a paper towel and let them cool just a little but eat them while they are hot. 

Yum-O!  We sometimes eat these alone for supper with just a side of sticky rice and ginger sauce (which I already posted the recipe for) but today we also had some homemade sesame chicken.  It was a feast!  I hope that all of you will venture out and give this recipe a shot.  You won't regret it.  Let me know how it turns out when you do.

2 comments:

Donna said...

This brought me back to my childhood.......my mother used to make egg rolls too. Only she liked to do everything big, so we would make 100 egg rolls at a time and freeze them for future use (we had a big freezer in the basement.) I remember spending some Saturdays rolling egg rolls with my dad. My mom used pork and shrimp in hers, but your recipe sounds good too. I may have to try it : )

TERI said...

These look so good! And not too hard. I will definately look for the egg roll wrappers at my local store! I hope they have them in our small town!

Stats