Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Nothin' says love like ink


Yes I know most of you are probably gasping for air right now, so take a deep breath and read on. I have been wanting a tattoo for several years now, but no one would take me seriously when I would talk about it. Finally for Valentines Day Lee gave me a card that said I could either go pick out a piece of Plumeria jewelry that I have had my eye on at Micronesia Goldsmith or he would take me to get a tattoo. I guess you see which one I chose. (no redneck jokes please) I have now had my cross for one month. A couple days ago Caitlin asked if I regretted getting it and I could honestly say "no". First of all it was absolutely NOT a spur of the moment, mid-life crisis kind of decision. I spent a long time thinking it through and considering the consequences and choosing a design. Secondly I have discovered that it has almost NO affect on me or the way people perceive me which was something I was a tiny bit concerned about. In other words I have not turned into a rebel housewife contributing to the delinquency of my children. If anything it has made me consider my actions and my witness for Christ more carefully. After all I have permanently identified myself as a follower of Jesus by wearing his cross.
AND in answer to the question on everyone's mind: YES it hurt!! Therefore this will be the first, last and only tattoo on me.

1 comment:

Jennifer Hodge said...

I love it!!!! Wish I could get one but your Uncle Danny would divorce me if I did. Great choice.

Stats