Thursday, March 15, 2007

It would be funny if....


it weren't actually happening. About a month and a half ago Lee had a mild case of shingles. The docs put him on Prednisone and it cleared up easily. Since that point though, he has been ill, because as we were told today the Prednisone wipes out your immune system for a while. First it was a bad cold which turned into bronchitis and then now into pneumonia. He also has had strep and laryngitis and still has not gotten his voice back. Pink eye was a small problem a week ago too. Today he went in to see his doc for a recheck , new chest x-rays and new blood tests. The good news is the pneumonia and bronchitis are clearing up but the bad news is that his blood work tests from last week revealed that he has mono! Yes, the dreaded "kissing disease". Since he is my sweetie and I have kissed him (because I did not think he was contagious) I had to undergo some blood tests today too. We do not know for sure if I have it too but we are pretty certain because my naps have been as frequent as Lee's. I am hoping that my exhaustion is simply from taking care of a sick household for over a month. I will know for sure tomorrow. The girls have all been sick too with Holly actually having an asthma episode. That was scary. Holly has never had asthma before so we are praying that this was a one time thing. All the girlies are feeling much better now, thankfully. So if you are so inclined, please pray for the health of the Brown family especially Lee. That's it for today, I'm off to take a nap!

1 comment:

jaci said...

I am SOOOOOOOOO Sorry, Rebecca! You know Arwen had mono last spring - well, once you have it, you have it for life. She gave it to Sam shortly after they were married, but in a milder form. Somedays, she still drags. Blech.

I won't be kissing you anytime soon!!!
Love
Jaci from ccu!!!

Stats