Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year!

I cannot think of a much better way to begin a new year than the way we did it this year. We were able to witness the beginning of a brand new family. Jason and Labranda were married yesterday afternoon in Raleigh. It was a beautiful ceremony and we were so happy to be a small part of it. We've known LaBranda and her mom and dad, Stan and Betty for about 10 years now. They are folks that almost instantly became family to us. LaBranda was 12 when we met her and boy do I now feel old! What a wonderful young woman she turned out to be. Everyday I'm thankful for the examples of godly virtue like LaBranda that God has placed into my own girl's lives.

The happy couple finally able to sit down for a minute.
Jason, you could not have made a better choice than Labranda to be your bride.

The last group photo I have of all of them together was years ago and they ALL looked like babies. Now I can barely stand to look! They are growing up so fast. Gracie was 2 and 3 when she could see Labranda every day. Back then she was learning to talk and could not say "LaBranda" it came out "Nana" and it stuck. I can hardly believe that our little Nana is now a married woman!

Stan is making very sure that Lee completely understands that this is going to happen to him FOUR times! Yikes! After watching Stan and Betty walk their only child through it, I only hope that Lee and I will be able to handle it all with as much dignity when our time comes.

Weddings make you so lovey dovey and remind you of why you got married in the first place. I love weddings!

Old friends are the best friends!

1 comment:

Deanna said...

Great pictures! Looks like you all had a great time. And that "lovey dovey" stuff is why David loves weddings. ;)

Stats