Thursday, February 5, 2009

Countin' Em and Burnin' Em

Our fitness quest continues. We have not given up, it is not a passing phase or a lame New Years resolution gone the way of the Bee Gee's.
Just wait until July when we look super trim in our bathing suits. We may be blindingly pale but we WILL have thin thighs and at least a smaller gut.

Abbie is officially The Biggest Loser in the house so far. My girl has lost 14 pounds during the month of January. You GO girl!!!
The rest of us are just trying to catch up with her.


Holly can put me to shame with these incline sit-ups.
A funny thing happened in this spot a few days ago. See that machine all the way to the right of the picture? Well I was sitting on it working out and Abbie was where Holly is only she was lollygagging. There was an older lady on the machine beside me minding her own business. So I yell out to Abbie "Hey, give me 20 more and slower this time, no slower, slower, there you got it now. Keep it up, you can do it. That's good you're looking good now. 18 more..." I hear this little voice from the lady beside me say " Do I HAVE to do 18 more? I just did 15 and it was pretty hard...." I look over at her and she has this pleading look in her eyes, like she was saying "please don't make me do more, pleeeeaaaasssseee" I was so embarrassed, she thought I was yelling at her. I apologized and we laughed. Oh my. I guess being a mom is not too much different than being a personal trainer.


Caitlin is pressing 110 pounds worth of steel. Super Girl!
Caitlin and the elliptical machine are friends. She can burn at least 300 calories in 30 minutes on that thing. Oh to have that metabolism....


I love this picture because of the pony tail. You just can't capture how fast she was working that elliptical machine, but the pony tail gives you an idea.
Check out the runner in the yellow shirt behind her. Holly and Gracie are the only ones among us who can run. I have to resist the urge to yell out at them across the gym from my own torture machine when I see them running. "Ruuunnnn Foooorrrreesssstttt Ruuuuunnnnn"
What's a little dignity when you have sweat rings under your armpits?
I could run...if the place caught fire.


Then there is this little 57 pounds worth of lean muscle.

No comments:

Stats