Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sunday Suppers

A childhood favorite of Lee's.  It does not have a name so we are going to call it Mexican Rice Bake.  While I was off visiting with my sweetheart in Italy, Lee's folks came up to stay with the girls.  Grandma made this for them and it was a BIG hit.  I guess you could say like father, like daughters.  The girls were definitely thinking of me though because they thought to take pictures of the process.  I've taught them well!

Ingredients
1 pound of ground beef
1 bag of Success Rice
1 can of whole kernal corn
1 can tomato sauce
1 packet of chili seasoning
about 2 cups of shredded mozzarella
1 can of water

Brown the ground beef in a large skillet.

Drain the corn and pour it in the round beef and stir.

Now dump in one bag of dry rice and stir.

Pour in the can of tomato sauce and stir some more.

Add one can of water along with the powdered chili seasoning.

Stir it all together and let it simmer for a little while.

Pour the mixture into a 9x13 casserole dish.

Cover with the cheese and bake on 350 until it looks like the picture below.

Ok now I've made myself hungry!

1 comment:

Me said...

That looks really really good! I'll have to make this for my gang sometime soon.

Stats