Monday, November 24, 2008

Medical Mystery

I'm just going to ignore the fact that I completely missed Sunday Suppers and Military Monday. Well... wait a minute, no I won't. I traded my mind as Caitlin used to say. We have been traveling and we were on the road on Sunday. We did however get to eat at one of the best BBQ places on the planet which is in North Georgia, Zebs BBQ. It was so yummy! Their brunswick stew was almost worth the 9 hour car ride.
As for news from my sweetheart, the only thing I have to share at the moment is that the San-An is repaired and back out to sea. The crew is relieved to once again be doing what they went to do.

The sign says Sunday Closed but they were as open as they could be. They even gave me a Zebs BBQ t-shirt to send to my brave sailor.

Gotta love a place with a loaf of white bread right there on the table!
Ok on to my medical mystery. I'm posting this on here in hopes of figuring out what in the world is going on with me. I really hope I don't need psychological treatment but you may think so after you read this. For about 3 weeks I have been smelling cigarette smoke when there is none to smell. It's not in the house or on my clothes or hair. Sometimes I smell it faintly or not at all and sometimes it is very strong. I was standing outside in the peanut field behind our house last week with no one and nothing around me. Suddenly the smell was so strong that it seemed like someone could have been right beside me chain smoking. Every now and then it is not the cigarette smell but something just off smelling. I ask everyone nearby if they smell it and so far not one person has said yes.
Any ideas anyone?
Please don't suggest I see a Psychiatrist!

2 comments:

Carolina Girl said...

Becky,hope this helps. In warm weather, scent particles move through the air but dry out and dissipate fairly quickly. In colder weather, scent particles stick around longer so it may be that you are catching some of those particles that normally would not have made it to you in warmer weather. As for everyone else not smelling anything? There may not be enough particles to go around, they get to you first or you have a stronger sense of smell. Sounds strange but I have a crazy sense of smell, it's a blessing and a curse.
Anyway, I hope this helps.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Browns! We just discovered your blog and Carol has gone back and ready most of your entries. I must agree, there is no better BBQ and stew ANYWHERE than Zebs. (Zeb's stew was the first "adult" meat dish my first two children had!) We still eat there as often as our food budget allows!

Don and Carol Hill

Stats