Monday, November 10, 2008

Gracie Gitcher Gun

Let me start by saying that I ran out of time on Sunday to post Sunday Suppers.  It's all my fault.  I had my recipe and pictures all ready to post and everything.  Sunday a day of rest??  Ha! Not for me it wasn't!  Anyway, by the time I had a minute to sit down in front of the computer, my Sunday was already over.  So you'll just have to wait until next weeks edition of Sunday Suppers.  I promise it will be worth the wait.
Yikes, now the pressure is on.

Most of you know by now that someone's hunting dog killed our three hens.  I found out that the hunters around here starve their dogs before the hunt to make them sniff out the game better.  If a dog is not hunting well then the hunter will just abandon him.  Personally I think it's poor sport and just plain cruel, but who asked me right?

In case you need more proof that we've turned into country folks, here it is.  Yep that's my youngin totin a gen-u-wine Daisy Red Rider BB gun.  It's an antique, it belongs to her daddy who shot many a target as a kid, and maybe a cat or two.  He's repented and reformed now.

So here is our line of thinking.  If we learn to shoot straight, the next time the 4 legged chicken killer comes into our yard, he will regret it.  I'll let Gracie ping him on the behind a time or two and he won't be coming back!
Notice how she leans over to site with her left eye?  That's because she inherited her Daddy's bad right eye,  Caitlin did too and they are the two who can hit the milk jug target every time.  Go figure.

So far we have only seen the chicken killer come back one time.  We were too late with the gun to ping him with it.  Next time we'll be ready!  We have managed to do damage to plenty of milk jugs though.
It's fun being country girls.

3 comments:

jaci said...

I am absolutely appalled - not at you, but at the "hunters" who starve their birddogs!! Gol darn, if yore birddog cain't smell a game bird without bein' starved, ya better git yoreself a GOOD birddog! Good grief! We've owned birddogs for over 25 years and believe me, they never had to kill chickens to prove themselves (they would have been in BIG TROUBLE for killing a non-game bird!!
As for the gun: you go, Mom! My kids could shoot and shoot well. They still like to shoot guns.

Unknown said...

So proud :)

Unknown said...

So proud :)

Stats