Sunday, December 9, 2007

14 More Days

Is your shopping done? Mine's NOT!!!! The girls have all made lists though. Holly wants a puppy or a pony or both. Not sure where she thinks we will keep a pony. Caitlin wants a piano and Abbie and Gracie just want stuff, preferably Webkinz stuff.
What I want for Christmas is for every radio station to stop playing that syrupy "Christmas Shoes" song! UGH!! I apologize ahead of time if you happen to like the song, somebody out the must like it because they are playing the dog out of it around here. Out of all the wonderful options for Christmas music available and they choose to play Christmas Shoes?!! Go figure.
I mean come on, think this through logically with me for a moment.
First, what kid goes to a shoe store on Christmas Eve or any day for that matter, all by himself? Second, what kid is running off to the store while his mom is on her death bed?
Third, who worries about what shoes they have on while they lay dying? I mean if I'm sick and about to die the last thing I'm thinking about is whether or not I'm wearing my red pumps. Fourth, do they REALLY believe Jesus cares about what shoes we die in? Even if by chance we end up in heaven with the clothes on that we died in (think of all those hospital gowns gone missing, no wonder health care costs so much!) would we stand before Jesus for the first time and say "do you like my shoes? I got them just for this occasion"? I mean come on be for real! OK Lastly and probably most importantly, What does this song have to do with Christmas?! Almost nothing! As if it's not pitiful enough they have to make it ultra syrupy by throwing in the bit about it being Christmas Eve when the mom is dying. I know everyone appreciates a sappy touchy feely story every now and then but this is just too much.

Here's my suggestion, call your local Christian radio station and ask them for the love of all that's sane and rational to PLEASE stop playing this song. If they ask why, you have permission to read them this blog post.
Seriously, lets remember what Christmas truly represents, the entrance of the Savior of the world into the world He gave His life for. Here's a better song:

O little town of Bethlehem
how still we see thee lie
above thy deep and dreamless sleep
the silent stars go by
yet in thy dark streets shineth
the Everlasting Light
the hopes and fears of all the years
are met in thee tonight


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go girl! I haven't heard that song, but it doesn't sound like I want to hear it either.

Theresa

Carolina Girl said...

I agree 100%...I very much dislike that song....I love all Christmas music but that song is just ridiculous!

Stats