Thursday, April 12, 2007

Lets eat!



First off let me just say that Guam has NOT been good for my waistline. There is so much good food here,
IF you are willing to be a bit adventurous and step out of your comfort zone food wise. I just wish that it would not have taken our family so long to do just that. Only in the past year or so have we been trying new things. Our food horizons have been SO expanded!! My new personal favorite is Indian Chicken Tikka Masala and at a close second is Thai Red Chicken Curry. In the words of Rachel Ray "Yum-o!" The island of Guam has a plethora of Asian style cuisine to pick from as well as its own unique choices. Lets just say that the Brown fam will never again be without finnedene sauce in the fridge thanks to Guam. And did you know that the rest of the world eats their rice sticky? We didn't but we sure do prefer it that way now. I have been experimenting with ethnic recipes at home, trying to copy all the new foods that we have come to love. So far my efforts have been so-so but I have managed to score on one or two items. I'm no quitter though. I cannot wait to go to Bali where I'm told you can easily buy spices for all these lovely foods at a very low price. Plus we are going to attend a day long cooking class there. The above picture is us eating Sukiyaki for the first time while in Tokyo. This is now the girls favorite way to eat Japanese food. Although, Gracie loves her sushi.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Becky, so when you come home can you cook for us? You never know we just might like Thai food or maybe not. I need to get out of the box. I will not eat raw onions and celery or liver.

Love Mom and mimi

Anonymous said...

WOW! Sounds delicious! When you get back maybe we can get together with our friends that were missionaries to India and have an Indian meal! Lots of curry there too. I love it!

Love,
Char

Stats