Sunday, April 8, 2007

House hunting blues

Man o man o man o man. We are bogged down deep in the midst of trying to find a place to live in Virginia. We are looking to rent because Lee's orders are only for 2 years in Norfolk. I cannot even fathom trying (like our neighbors) to do this if buying a house. House hunting from half a world away is just daunting!!! Thankfully there is a great website out now called rentclicks that has tons of listings and usually lots of great pictures. We have really liked two houses we have found there but lost them both due to distance. While we were in process of faxing apps and paying app fees someone else would come in person ready to sign a lease. Bummer. The pictures and information they give on each house is great but there is no way to know for sure about a neighborhood without actually being there or having a representative you trust there for you. It's all just a big headache. Anyway I thought I would send along two links for the two houses we are the most interested in now. The first link is our first choice. Enjoy looking and don't be afraid to write back with honest opinions. I need some objective help here!!!! http://320315.rentclicks.com
http://182383.rentclicks.com

6 comments:

jaci said...

You may like #1 better but read the pets policy. Go for #2 and ask about pets. Just my opinon!

Jaci

Anonymous said...

I like # 1 too, but it's kinda stark white, no color. the second one has lots of color and it's in Virginia Beach. love, Aunt Jen

Anonymous said...

hmm i like both but i think i like the first one better

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I like the first one best, but what about the dog, fat cat, and all the other little critters? Not sure about the second, the neighborhood would have to checked out. What's around it and is that water tank as close as it appears. You'll find something, we are praying for you that you will find just the perfect one.

Love ya Mom and Mimi

Anonymous said...

I love the first one, but like someone else said--too pristine and WHITE!!! If it were me, I would probably select the second because of the personality it has. John would pick the first house. I think the kitchen in the second house looks more efficient and has more storage--a great thing for that Pampered Chef collection of yours! On the flip side, you will only be living there for 2 years and as military families, we have learned you can make the best of anyplace, especially for short periods, and as you know, 2 years flies by! As for the water tank, that would not bother me if renting. Now if I was looking to buy a house, that may be a consideration.

Rocki

Rebecca said...

My vote is for the first one.

love your, 2 child.

Stats