Thursday, April 5, 2007

Ear aches and radiators


Poor Gracie had to go to the Dr. today with an earache. No fever or any other symptom other than pain. So I figured it is just our old "friend" swimmers ear. I was right. She has a pretty bad case of it in her left ear. The doc let me look through the scope at both of her ears, that was very cool. I thought wow if it hurts as badly as it looks then my poor Boo is in a lot of pain. So she's been put out of the pool for a week to let it heal and we have to put drops in 3-4 times a day. This ailment has become a pretty common one at our house with 4 kids in the pool 4 times a week, but this is Gracie's first go 'round with it. This afternoon after we got home from the doctor she came tearing into the house. I asked "what's the hurry kiddo?" She said "Moma look its starting to sprinkle outside" to which I say "so?" (It rains ALOT here) She says in an exasperated voice "Moma remember I can't get my ear wet!" I just laughed and said "ok you're right better keep it dry." I'm not sure how she thinks she's going to take a bath or wash her hair. Our truck is down hard too. A busted radiator which of course cannot be replaced with anything here in Guam. The parts are being shipped here and we should have it back sometime next week. We are so blessed to have a "car guy" here who knows his stuff and is honest and hard working. Car troubles are the pits! To me there is not much that is more annoying than car troubles. Our hope is to get the truck all fixed up- it should be in awesome condition by the time we get it back, then we plan to sell it and leave it here on Guam where it can officially be a "boonie truck" for the rest of its days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gracie, I'm so sad you were not feeling well. Hope your eye is better and you're back to swimming again.
Love Mimi

Anonymous said...

Sorry I meant to spell "ear". Mimi
I had a senior moment.

Stats