Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Discoveries

Last month was the Blog Everyday Challenge. I took it on whole heartedly. After all I love to blog. I get excited when something blogworthy happens during the day or I have a great set of pictures that tell a fun story. So, I figured this challenge would be a snap. I figured wrong.


I discovered a couple of things about myself in the midst of this challenge. The first thing I realized is that I spend ALOT of time in front of the computer. It has become a bit of a friend to me. Well at least it's where many of my friends live. Being a social bug at heart, it's no wonder I like my machine so much.


I downloaded a recent batch of pictures and realized that almost all of that I am in have me sitting in front of Sylvia (our laptop).
Do I really spend THAT much time on the computer?! Yikes! Maybe I outta start looking for a 12 step program or something.


My next discovery about myself is that something within me does not jive well with deadlines and boundaries. I felt SO much pressure to get something blogged everyday! My creative juices dried up and stopped flowing. The midnight deadline haunted me like a late night meatball sub. It was bad people, really bad.


So here I sit in front of my Mac feeling a little guilty because I took a breather after 31 posts in 31 days. I've decided that I will not be entering any more challenges like that again. I proved to myself that I could do it, but I also proved that I did not enjoy it. Hey at least I learned a thing or two right? I blog because it's fun and because I want to do it.
No more self imposed deadlines for me!!!
How's that for a New Years Resolution?

1 comment:

jaci said...

I'm so proud of you for making the 31 blogs in 31 days commitment - and finishing it! I am having a hard time just keeping up with friends' blogs. But even if I never post a comment doesn't mean I don't come over and read yours, Rebecca! Good job!

Stats