Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Where The Wild Things Are

Thats where we live now, where the wild things are. We've seen countless numbers of bunnies in our yard and deer in the peanut patch. We've seen a fox and last night I really thought I saw a badger but Lee says it was a cat. I am posting from the little public library here in town. You did not think I could stay away that long did you? We are researching the internet possibilities for the country house. They are few, but hopefully we will be up and running in another week or so.
It's very interesting living in a small town. Our little area of the world has only 1 blinking light. I wandered over to the tiny little post office this morning to mail a couple of things and the folks in there were so kind. They asked if I needed anything. I said no but, that I had just moved to the area. The gal behind the desk called to another gal behind the wall who was sorting mail. Turns out they both knew who I was and which house I had moved into. Weird eh? The gal behind the wall was my mail carrier and she said she would look out for my forwarded mail. They also told me the names of the folks who had lived in the house before us and what to do if I happened to get their mail in my box. Me thinks there will be no secret keeping in this little community. Small town living, its going to be interesting!

3 comments:

TERI said...

When we moved to our small community 6 yrs ago, the hardest thing for me to get used to was the personal feeling of it all. It can be very charming. If you are an open person and don't mind being transparent (which is what the Lord would require of us) then you will find it very special! Very happy for you.

Donna said...

I guess there is good and bad to living in a small town.....I'm sure the good will outweigh the bad : )

Isn't it fun seeing beastie's in your yard? I love me beastie's LOL

jaci said...

Rebecca, I am so jealous! I love small town living - even if there are no secrets! I miss being rural and seeing deer in the meadow. You're going to be happy there!!

Stats