Friday, January 18, 2008

Belly Belly Belly


As our first official act after joining our local YMCA Caitlin and I took a belly dancing class. Yep, you read that correctly. It was a sight to behold. I'm actually pretty thankful that not too many people saw us trying to shimmy and shake. It was a ladies only class and the room was packed. I had no idea that belly dancing was such a popular thing. We did have a lot of fun and will probably do it again. I'm a little worried about how my old hips are going to feel in the morning. I thought about posting a you tube video of a belly dancer here on the blog but decided against it. Might be a bit too PG-13 for some of my readers. If you are interested there is a girl named Sadie over on You Tube who is fabulous at shimmying and shaking. What Caitlin and I were doing tonight really didn't much resemble what she does. We were a little enamored by the scarves many of these women had tied around their middles. They were pretty colors with lots of beads and coins that jingled when they shook their hips. What can I say, we're girls, pushovers for pretty, jingly things. Now we think we need jingly scarves.

No comments:

Stats