Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Busy Busy Busy

Everyone keeps emailing to ask me why I have not posted on the blog for a few days. Wow there must be a few faithful readers out there. Honestly our life has been a bit on the hectic side lately. We have 37 days left on Guam which means everyone is scrambling to fit in lunch dates and going away parties etc... There is a large number of families leaving this summer, so we are all scurrying around taking care of all the last minute details. The above group of gals are the Navy Chaplain's wives here on the island. We met yesterday at the Curry Kabob (my fav) to have lunch and say our farewells. They gave me a carved story board from Guam and a lovely scrapbook. Today and tomorrow I have similar lunches with friends and different groups and tonight Lee and I have a dinner to attend with a chapel family that is leaving this week. Lots of eating, hugging and saying goodbye happening lately.
We still do not have any word on a rental house yet. It is such a difficult thing to accomplish from a world away! I have plenty to put in the house we don't have yet though. Last week Lee and I went on the hunt for a coffee table and end tables. I wanted a particular style that is popular here called an opium table. I know the name leaves much to be desired but it is a lovely and simple design. We finally found one we really liked and bought it on Monday. I love it, it's so cute! It is going in my neighbors household goods shipment since our shipment already left. They are moving to Virginia also and will be packed out on June 5th, so I get to enjoy my new litle table till then.
Caitlin is counting down the days till she goes to Peru-47 to be exact. She has us running all about pulling together all the little things she has been told to bring with her. She is so excited! Anyway, if I skip a day or two of blogging it's not because I don't love ya'll!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bec,
Thanks for the post. I have been concern. Enjoy the time you have with your friends. What kind of things does Caitlin need. Papa and I can get some things here.
Keep posting. Send picture of coffee table.
Love M&M

Stats