Monday, February 7, 2011

Neglect and Change

I've been neglectful of my blog lately.  I blame Facebook!  Nowadays when I have a picture to post or something to say I just run to the easy way, Facebook. Originally when I started this blog back in 2006 we lived on the other side of the world and Mark Zuckerberg was probably in the midst of many the battles involved with getting Facebook off the ground.  Back then Facebook was something only teenagers did.  We've come a long way baby!  The blog was a easy and fun way to share the latest news and photos with family and friends back here in the States.  Even when we moved to Virginia I continued to chronicle our life on the blog.  Several things have changed since then.  The first thing is that now we live fairly close to almost all of our family.  Many times they are present for celebrations and get togethers that I would have otherwise reported on the blog.  To get on the computer and blog about that event would almost seem redundant.  Secondly, there's Facebook!  It's just so quick and easy to use.  Anything that I want you all to see or hear gets posted there and usually there is some immediate response.  It has done for communication what the microwave did for food when it was invented.  Instant gratification!!!
I say all of that to say this; I want to get back to blogging and I have a plan.  No, I'm not giving up my Facebook account!  I do however intend to spend less time there.  This past month our church got a new pastor.  His messages are amazing and difficult and convicting. What does this have to do with blogging you ask?  For me it means that each week I am given A LOT to think about.  I think better when I write things down, so my plan is to use the blog to journal some of what I'm thinking and working through spiritually.   Keep reading if you'd like and feel free to respond or leave comments.  The one thing I will tell you is that I will NOT enter into an argument and probably not even a spirited discussion here.  Those talks have their place but here on the blog is not where I consider the right place.  I can elaborate more on that topic later if it ever becomes necessary.  Don't worry, I do still plan to post pictures and funny stories about my beautiful and wonderful girls.
Until then, I'll see you over on Facebook.

1 comment:

Jennifer Hodge said...

Glad to hear that you will be back on the blog. I have noticed a change too. I posted on my blog the other day and I think only one other person read it. Maybe I will try to do the same. Love you.

Stats