Monday, February 7, 2011

My Delight


In what do I take delight?  What makes me happy?  What do I treasure? If I did not give it much thought and quickly made a list right off the top of my head of the things that please me most what would it look like?
Let's take a look.
Things that I delight in:
My Husband and Daughters
Coffee
Food
Sleep
Books
Computer time
Free time
Money
The latest gadget or cell phone
Time with friends and family

I could go on but these are the ones that came out before I stopped to try to think of more, so this is where I stopped listing.  Notice what is not on the list?  I do.

Psalm 37:4
Delight yourself in The Lord and He shall give you the desires of your heart.

I have made people and things my delight and the source of my joy.
The problem with that:
Husbands and Daughters sometimes do not live up to expectations
Coffee and Food are a temporary comfort
Sleep is sometimes elusive and isolating
Books are an escape from reality
Computer and free time etches away at my productivity
Money cannot buy me what I really need
Time with friends and family replaces time spent with
God, my truest friend and Father






No comments:

Stats