Monday, June 22, 2009

The Grill Masters

Lee got one of his Fathers Day gifts early this year.  It was actually more of a Mothers Day gift seeing as how it will save my meal prep time and efforts exponentially.  Plus we bought it back in May when the weather began to warm up and grill season was getting into full swing. I supposed you've guessed that the gift was a grill.  I'm pretty sure I know how Lee feels about it (he's a little protective of his shiny new toy) and I LOVE the thing!!

If you know anything about our Gracie girl (AKA little Martha) then you know that she would never let the chance to assemble something slip through her fingers. She basically told her daddy " I got this".  He had ZERO choice in whether or not he would have a helper in the grill assembly process.

Here they are counting nuts and bolts.  They may look like they are on the same page but believe me it was all Lee could do to keep her from grabbing that screwdriver 
and getting right down to business. "Who cares if some screws are missing! C'mon Daddy lets get this thing knocked out!"  I'm a little afraid that miss Gracie and I are cut from the same cloth in that regard.

Her little hands turned out to be quite a benefit when trying to fit into those tight little spaces.

Here's a prime example of two opposite personalities at work. Gracie is busily putting pieces together, just working away like a little beaver. Lee on the other hand is a page behind her in the direction booklet checking to make sure she's done it correctly.
Both of them were troopers though and worked together very well for the couple hours it took to get it finished. 

The delicious, end results are a very happy mom and two proud grill masters!
Nothing beats nicely grilled food on the table that I did not have to cook.

No comments:

Stats