Sunday, May 31, 2009

Neglect


I must begin by apologizing for neglecting my beloved blog.  I have pictures galore to share and even a few funny stories.  The only excuse I have to offer is life.  Life has kept me so busy lately.  For the past few weeks there have been days that seem to fly by.  I lay myself down at night and think, "where did the day go?"  Obviously the almost 80 pound puppy has consumed an enormous amount of attention lately.  He's such a handful but we are happy to say that he is getting a little better behaved every day.  Yesterday we discovered by accident that Hobbes loves to play soccer.  That is until he bit and deflated the ball.  Now the poor beast cannot figure out why the ball won't roll anymore.  
School for us is slowing down a bit.  My girlies are not too happy about it but we will probably continue through the summer to do bits and pieces of the work that did not get done during the regular school year.  
Lee's time aboard the San Antonio is quickly drawing to a close.  His replacement comes in a couple of weeks.  At that time he will turn his chaplain duties on the ship over to her and be ready to move on.  Tentatively we are scheduled to be moving to NAS Jax, Florida but that won't happen till October or November.  The navy is out of money for moving families until the fiscal year.  So that puts us hanging tight here in VA through the summer.  That's alright with me though.  I get to see my garden grow and stick around long enough to reap the benefits.  
I will sign off for now and leave you with a tiny promise.  I will be a better blogger this week.  If I fail, you have my permission to come cook for my kids, do their laundry, teach them things and entertain the large dog, thus freeing me up to wile away my hours in front of the computer. Deal?

No comments:

Stats