Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Crud Crew

Cough, cough, cough, hack, hack, sniffle, sniffle, sniffle... Oh the sounds of home. Unfortunately these are all too familiar sounds around here lately.  We most love each other, because we keep passing around the same germs.  We've tried to do as much laying around in our PJs and staying home as possible lately.  No sense in spreading our crud to the rest of Virginia.

Lee and I were able to get a little alone time last week at the historic Page House Bed and Breakfast in downtown Norfolk.  It was so nice.  I loved every minute of our little getaway.

Meanwhile back in Suffolk the girls were busily putting the final details into place for Lee's surprise 40th birthday party.  They really stepped up to the challenge and pulled together a great party. Even better, they did it all without giving away the secret. They had to deal with making a 2 hour round trip across the James River Bridge (way to go Caitlin) to get Daddy his gift. They cooked and cleaned, shopped and even received out of state guests. There were a hundred little details that they had to attend to and they did them all well. I'm so proud of the way they handled themselves without mom and dad's watchful eyes.  I did have to do a few deep breathing exercises though knowing all that they'd be doing without me.  
I have been trying off and on all day to upload the slideshow that we showed at the party.  So far I cannot seem to figure out how to put it here on the blog for you to see.  Maybe it's all the cold medicine going to my head?  Anyway, it's a goal of mine to get it done soon.  I will also post some pictures we took at the party as soon as I'm thinking a little more clearly.

No comments:

Stats