Tuesday, November 27, 2007

CTTS=Cute Things They Say

It's been awhile since my last "cute things they say", partly because when they say cute stuff I either forget it or fail to sit down and tap it out quickly enough. SO this time I headed straight to the computer~ well after I did the dishes, folded a load of laundry and took a shower etc... but you get the idea. Today's CTTS comes from Gracie. I was helping her with her Grammar schoolwork which was a lesson on contractions. I went through it with her explaining that contractions were two words combined into one with an apostrophe replacing the missing letters. We practiced reading them, then went through the list guessing which two words had been crammed together, like I am=I'm and is not = isn't. You get the idea, right? After rolling right along doing this for a little while, her next task was to read a list of contractions then use each one out loud in a sentence. The first contraction was the word "I'll". Gracie read it then said "oh oh I know a sentence for that one!" "OK shoot" I said. Then she proceeded with "At Food Lion the milk is on AISLE ten." Hmmmm... I wonder where I went wrong?

No comments:

Stats