Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Introducing....Jet Puff

Ok I know it's silly to name your vehicle but I always have probably always will. I'm wondering how many other people name their cars or appliances? Growing up we had a garbage disposal named Ralph. To this day I tell the children and Lee that Ralph will eat the leftovers or scraps off of their supper dishes. Seems natural to me. Anyway, when we left Guam we sold the big black rolly thing aka our black Suburban. The Navy would only move one car for us so we chose to have them move Lee's Mazda aka Sparkles. BTW Lee's not real crazy about the whole naming the cars concept but he's coping well. When we arrived here in Virginia we had to replace the family vehicle. Jet Puff is what we bought. The girls and I thought it looked like and enormous marshmallow so she was properly named Jet Puff. I think it fits, don't you? I just read on my blog home page that they have added a feature where I could post a survey on my blog. I think I may go research it and see if I can post a "Who names their things?" survey. In the meantime we'd love to hear back from you. What's your car's name?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, yes. We do name things. Baby Blue (Blue minivan) Great White (large white conversion van)! It's fun, but the kids say its harder to get rid of something after you name it... --Jan aka Phoebe's mom

Anonymous said...

Becky's Dad here.. I guess she gets the naming thing from me. When I was young, I had a bicycle named Sonny Jim. When Becky was around 12 or so, we had a big 1967 buick which we named Le' Hog. She cried when we sold it.

Stats